Land Fitness Class Descriptions
Land Fitness Instructors: Thank You For Your Loyalty To The OAHE YMCA
Tauna Wolf, Carmen Schwartzkopf, Mary Duvall, Mary Stadick Smith, Kay McLain, Anne Gormely, Hannah Carda, Shavonne Mitchell, Jennifer Thompson, Heidi Brosz, Mary Schaefer, Tammy Darnall, Shelly Anderson, Kiley Hump, Carrie Baldwin, Steve Barnett, Emily Decker, Jess Burchill, Kristen Jerome
Personal Trainers: Karla Seyer, Jennifer Thompson, Carrie Baldwin, Brandy McBride, Gina Schuetzle
Orientation Trainers: Bob Coolidge, Katie Nold
YOUR TRUE DEDICATION TO SERVING THE COMMUNITY IS DEMONSTRATED IN EVERY CLASS YOU TEACH!! Thank You Karla Seyer, Health/Wellness Director
(Most classes can be attended by most levels as long as you work at a pace that is safe for you)
ACTIVE OLDER ADULTS AND YOUNGER!
SENIOR STRENGTH/CONDITION Variety of exercises for strength, cardiovascular health, flexibility, balance and endurance. This class uses chairs, dumbbells, tubing bands, fit and medicine balls and more...
ACTIVE OLDER ADULT CARDIO Only 35 minutes of simple movements that elevate the heart rate while having fun with the moves.
YOGA/STRETCH All levels love this class, that provides traditional stretching, yoga meditation and relaxation.
SilverSneakers Classic Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activities for daily living. Hand-held wights, elastic tubing with handles, a SilverSneakers ball are offered for resistance, and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support. Stop by the frond desk to see if you have the right insurance that will qualify you for a free YMCA membership and this wonderful class.
YOGA & PILATES!
PiYo NEW...Power flow class combining Pilates, Yoga, Core and other traditional total body strengthening exercise. This class is choreographed and will take time to learn and advance in movement from week to week.
YOGA BASICS Super class for those new to yoga and wanting a gentler approach to learning the most common yoga poses, at a pace that is right for you.
CHAIR YOGA - Gentle form of yoga, stretch and breath. Yoga poses and other exercises are performed in a chair and some standing if desired.
COR-LATIES Express class held at noon. Combinations of Pilates, Traditional and Creative Core, Yoga and so much more...You will love the never ending new stuff!
CORE MAX Fresh Modern Core Exercises Traditional Pilates and so much more. This class reaches beyond basic Pilates, producing the umost challenge needed for core fitness. Modifications are still part of all exercises performed. Even your booty and thighs get worked.
YIN YOGA Yoga poses held longer to promote stillness, calming & balancing of the mind & body. Also for stress & anxiety reduction, increased circulation, improved flexibility, fascia release, greater joint mobility & balance to internal organs. Wednesdays & Fridays 5:30pm
HAHTA YOGA This class imbraces most yoga styles and most levels. It is an old system that includes the practice of asanas (yoga postures) and stretches in combination with pranayama (yoga breathing exercises), to develop flexibility and relaxation. Classes will explore different series of postures and flow of movements.
VINYASA YOGA A sequence of poses synchronizing the breath in conjunction with body movement. The fluid movements increase flexibility, strength and stamina as it calms the mind and improves overall health.
YOGA/STRETCH All levels love this class, that provides traditional stretching, yoga meditation and relaxation. It not just for seniors.
CARDIO or STRENGTH TRAINING!
POW "NEW" Kickboxing/Strength combo class for shadow cardio boxing and total body strength. Class format will be rearranged and change up each week, keeping the class continually fresh.
CHALLENGE/CONDITION Cardio and condition yourself in this intense bootcamp/strength/conditioning class with a mix of exercises, guaranteed to give you the ultimate fitness challenge. Express class on Tuesdays 4:30-5:15pm
Y-FIT Boot camp and conditioning class. Lots of variety for strength and endurance drills, plus other creative conditioning exercises. This could be the challenge you have been waiting for! 6:00am m/th-for Early Birds!
KETTLEBELL STRENGTH Fresh and super fun new way to strengthen the entire body. The core really gets involved using the weight of the kettlebells. Noon Thursdays Express & Mondays 4:15pm Cycle/Kettlebell Combo. Many classes are offer some kettlebells, along with the regular formats.
BUST This class has intervals of cardio and strength, 40 seconds on and 20 seconds rest. After ever 5 weeks of a Chisel class you will find a Bust workout.
CHISEL The BEST...more sets, less reps and heavier weights. It's time to step up the body sculpting workout. Open to all levels as you will choose the weight loads that personally challenge you.
NOON GROUP STRENGTH Express class filled with total body strength training. As you use dumbbells, pump bars, tubing bands, fit or medicine balls and a mat you will not only tone up the body you will burn calories as your heart rate elevates and metabolism improves. Thursday is Kettlebell strength.
CHISEL EXPRESS/Tabata Shorter version of a Chisel class plus 10 minutes of tabata.
CYCLING Nicest Bikes Ever-Keiser M3i This is a super cardiovascular workout ,with out the impact to any joints. Recharge your fitness levels with an indoor cycling class and you will not have to worry about weather, traffic or unsafe surfaces. We have cycling only or combination classes...
CYCLING/TABATA/CORE This intense class will combine 15 minutes of cycling, 10-15 minutes of tabata and 10-15 minutes of core. Trio of Express - Wed. 4:30-5:15pm
CYCLING/STRENGTH Combine these two formats and get it all. Time flys and you will tone up and increase your heart rate for a total workout package in one.
CYCLING/CORE Cardio cycling for a high heart rate and lots variety strengthening the your core.
CARDIO MIX- Tuesday Noons Express class Each week is a different form of one or more styles of cardio fitness, such as step with kick boxing, tabata with cycle, free style. The variety pleases all.
ZUMBA It doesn't get any better than this. Latin and Hip Hop fun to energize your body from head to toe. You are on a super high while dancing up a cardiovascular storm, in every workout. Take time to learn these choreographed dances and watch how you improve each week.
CLASS POLICIES & RULES for Land Fitness Classes
1) All Land and Water Group Exercise Classes are Free to YMCA members. This does not include specialty classes, such as Event Workouts, Aerobathons, Holiday Classes.
2) Nonmembers must pay $8.00 to attend any class.
3) Anyone can try a new class our for Free, 1 time, before joining the YMCA
4) Members may bring a family guest or in town friend to the YMCA.
5) Please be punctual for all classes and sign in before entering each class.
6) Some classes are limited in size so it is important to arrive early, to sign in for your spot.
7) If you have to leave early from a class, it is appreciated to tell the instructor before the class starts.
8) If you have any serious health problems, please share them with the instructor.
9) If the weather is a problem, the YMCA will close down the building. Please watch for emails and listen to the radio to hear of this report. You can also call the YMCA.
10) If we have a last minute emergency and cannot find an instructor class will be cancelled and no calls will be made. If there is time to cancel, we send out emails and make calls.
11) There is a minimum number of participants needed to hold a class. It differs from one to another so your attendance is extremely important. If class continues, to not meet the minimum number of participants, it will be cancelled.
12) Classes offered are based on member demand and instructor availability. We have a goal to always provide the latest trends and to the needs of our class participants.
13) Most classes are created to work for all levels. Please carefully read the class schedule and descriptions to determine if a class is right for you. You can also contact Karla@OAHEYMCA.ORG or the front desk for further questions.
14) Some classes are labeled for newer participants and it is important to try them 1st before attending an advanced class.