Next Class August 28th & 29th 2020
YMCA Aquatics include much more than open swim, lap swim and lessons. We also offer special programs that include Lifeguard Training and Masters Swimming! All program are taught and supervised by trained instructors. Check it out; you may find something new that you like!
Our comprehensive blended-learning Lifeguard Training course includes accident prevention, lifeguarding techniques, emergency systems, and rescue skills. Course will also include CPR for the professional Rescuer with AED, Oxygen Administration and First Aid.
Upon successful completion of the course the participant will be certified in:
· American Red Cross Lifeguarding
· American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
· American Red Cross Basic First Aid and Oxygen Administration
· Must be at least age 15 for ARC certification
· Swim continuously 300-yds
· Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
· Feet-first surface dive to 9 feet and return to the surface of the pool
· Pick up a 10-pound brick off the bottom of the pool and swim 25 yards
· Swim underwater for a distance of 15 feet
·If you are going to work for the Oahe YMCA in a lifeguarding position the fee can gradually be deducted from your check until it is paid in full. Otherwise payment must be made in full prior to the start of course.
*On-line learning instructions will be e-mailed to you upon registration.
·Please bring a packed lunch.
**Contact Holly Hardy for more information. 605-224-1683 or firstname.lastname@example.org