Land Fitness Class Descriptions
Land Fitness Instructors: Thank You For Your Loyalty To The OAHE YMCA
Tauna Wolf, Carmen Schwartzkopf, Mary Duvall, Mary Stadick Smith, Judy Sheldon,
Kay McLain, Anne Gormley, Hannah Carda, Shavonne Mitchell, Jennifer Thompson,
Heidi Brosz, Mary Schaefer, Tammy Darnall, Shelly Anderson, Kiley Hump,
Dawn Schreckenghoust, Carrie Baldwin, Steve Barnett
NEW STAFF Megan Peterson is certified holistic health coach. She is available to help you with Yo-yo dieting, skin issues, bloating, fatigue, improving overall diet, health goals and wellness. For more information on meeting w/Megan, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Trainers: Karla Seyer, Jennifer Thompson, Carrie Baldwin, Brandy McBride, Megan Peterson
Orientation Trainers: Bob Coolidge, Don Rosowitz
YOUR TRUE DEDICATION TO SERVING THE COMMUNITY IS DEMONSTRATED IN EVERY CLASS YOU TEACH!! Thank You Karla Seyer, Health/Wellness Director
ACTIVE OLDER ADULTS AND YOUNGER!
SENIOR STRENGTH/CONDITION Variety of exercises for strength, cardiovascular health, flexibility, balance and endurance. This class uses chairs, dumbbells, tubing bands, fit and medicine balls and more...
ACTIVE OLDER ADULT CARDIO Only 35 minutes of simple movements that elevate the heart rate while having fun with the moves.
YOGA/STRETCH All levels love this class, that provides traditional stretching, yoga meditation and relaxation.
SilverSneakers Classic Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activities for daily living. Hand-held wights, elastic tubing with handles, a SilverSneakers ball are offered for resistance, and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support. Stop by the frond desk to see if you have the right insurance that will qualify you for a free YMCA membership and this wonderful class.
YOGA & PILATES!
BARYOLATIES Express class held at noon. Combinations of Pilates, Traditional and Creative Core, Yoga and so much more...You will love the new stuff
CORE MAX Fresh Modern Core Exercises Traditional Pilates and so much more. This class reaches beyond basic Pilates, producing the umost challenge needed for core fitness. Modifications are still part of all exercises performed. Even Your Booty and Thighs Get Worked.
YIN YOGA NEW Yoga poses held longer to promote stillness, calming, balancing of the mind & body, stress & anxiety reduction, increased circulation, improved flexibility, fascia release, greater joint mobility, balance to internal organs. Friday evenings and every other Saturday morning. (New Instructor)
YOGA Excel Not recommended for someone new to Yoga. The class format will be little more aggressive in flow for those who have a strong Yoga practice. Thursdays @ 5:30-6:30pm. plus 30 minutes of Meditation. (New Instructor)
VINYASA YOGA Wonderful flowing Yoga, that will challenge you to move from pose to pose, gracefully.
HAHTA YOGA This clas imbraces most yoga styles. It is an old system that includes the practice of asanas (yoga postures) and stretches in combination with pranayama (yoga breathing exercises), to develop flexibility and relaxation. Classes will explore different series of postures and flow of movements.
YOGALATIES A mix of Pilates and Yoga with focus on building abdominal strength.
WARM YOGA Yoga performed in warmer temperatures of 70-80 degrees. These warm temps are super for your muscles or joints as you strengthen, tone and increase flexibilty.
YOGA/STRETCH All levels love this class, that provides traditional stretching, yoga meditation and relaxation. It not just for seniors.
LEARN IT YOGA For newer and regular yoga participants. More detail for yoga and the poses by getting you used to the flow of this healthy form of exercise.
RELAXATION YOGA Gentler form of yoga poses, providing more for relaxation and stress reduction.
CARDIO or STRENGTH TRAINING!
Y-FIT NEWER Boot camp and conditioning class. Lots of variety for strength and endurance drills, plus other creative conditioning exercises. This could be the challenge you have been waiting for!
KICKSTART CLASSES It's Back!!! Super class for anyone, especially if you are new or newer to classes. Each class will offer different formats or setups to help you get a great workout and learn all there is to know about most of the classes offered.
KICBOX/STEP/CORE Trio of workouts, all in 1 hour. Start with cardio kickboxing (15 min) Step (15 min) Core 25 minutes...packing in an awesome calorie burning time, with modern core strengthening.
KETTLEBELL STRENGTH Fresh and super fun new way to strengthen the entire body. The core really gets involved using the weight of the kettlebells. Noon Thursdays & Mondays 4:15pm Cycle/Kettlebell Combo. Many classes are offer some kettlebells, along with the regular formats.
BUST This class has intervals of cardio and strength, 40 seconds on and 20 seconds rest. After ever 5 weeks of a Chisel class you will find a Bust workout.
CHISEL The BEST...more sets, less reps and heavier weights. It's time to step up the body sculpting workout. Open to all levels as you will choose the weight loads that personally challenge you.
NOON GROUP STRENGTH Express class filled with total body strength training. As you use dumbbells, pump bars, tubing bands, fit or medicine balls and a mat you will not only tone up the body you will burn calories as your heart rate elevates and metabolism improves. Thursday is Kettlebell
CHISEL EXPRESS/Tabata Shorter version of a Chisel class plus 10 minutes of tabata.
CYCLING NEW BIKES Keiser M3i This is a super cardiovascular workout ,with out the impact to any joints. Recharge your fitness levels with an indoor cycling class and you will not have to worry about weather, traffic or unsafe surfaces. We have cycling only or combination classes...
CYCLING/TABATA/CORE This intense class will combine 15 minutes of cycling, 10-15 minutes of tabata and 10-15 minutes of core. Trio of Express - Wed. 4:30-5:15pm
CYCLING/STRENGTH Combine these two formats and get it all. Time flys and you will tone up and increase your heart rate for a total workout package in one.
CYCLING/CORE Cardio cycling for a high heart rate and lots variety strengthening the your core.
CARDIO STEP/CONDITION Have fun and flow to the music while stepping up and down on a step box. Never ending patterns from basic to complex and receive a great cardio workout along with leg strengthening as you step.
CARDIO MIX- Tuesday Noons Express class Each week is a different form of one or more styles of cardio fitness, such as step with kick boxing, tabata with cycle, free style. The variety pleases all.
ZUMBA It doesn't get any better than this. Latin and Hip Hop fun to energize your body from head to toe. You are on a super high while dancing up a cardiovascular storm, in every workout. Take time to learn these choreographed dances and watch how you improve each week. (New Instructor)
CARDIO CLUB Supervised and instructional training using the cardio machines and also strength training, boot camp, conditioning, boxing, etc held in the aerobic room. t/th 4:00-4:45pm. Back in fall 2017
CLASS POLICIES & RULES for Land Fitness Classes
1) All Land and Water Group Exercise Classes are Free to YMCA members. This does not include specialty classes, such as Event Workouts, Aerobathons, Holiday Classes.
2) Nonmembers must pay $8.00 to attend any class.
3) Anyone can try a new class our for Free, 1 time, before joining the YMCA
4) Members may bring a family guest or in town friend to the YMCA.
5) Please be punctual for all classes and sign in before entering each class.
6) Some classes are limited in size so it is important to arrive early, to sign in for your spot.
7) If you have to leave early from a class, it is appreciated to tell the instructor before the class starts.
8) If you have any serious health problems, please share them with the instructor.
9) If the weather is a problem, the YMCA will close down the building. Please watch for emails and listen to the radio to hear of this report. You can also call the YMCA.
10) If we have a last minute emergency and cannot find an instructor class will be cancelled and no calls will be made. If there is time to cancel, we send out emails and make calls.
11) There is a minimum number of participants needed to hold a class. It differs from one to another so your attendance is extremely important. If class continues, to not meet the minimum number of participants, it will be cancelled.
12) Classes offered are based on member demand and instructor availability. We have a goal to always provide the latest trends and to the needs of our class participants.
13) Most classes are created to work for all levels. Please carefully read the class schedule and descriptions to determine if a class is right for you. You can also contact Karla@OAHEYMCA.ORG or the front desk for further questions.
14) Some classes are labeled for newer participants and it is important to try them 1st before attending an advanced class.